Snoring and Sleep Apnea
Salt Room Therapy can help to reduce snoring and improve sleeping by clearing the airway passages of mucosa that contribute to obstructions.
Salt Therapy is a natural non-invasive, drug free therapy that offers support to snorers. By sitting in our specially designed salt room,your respiratory system will be exposed to microscopic dry aerosol particles of salt that are inhaled into the lungs. Salt Therapy is deeply relaxing and if you have been low on sleep it will help to rest your body. Salt has natural anti-histamine, anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties which help relieve inflammation and congestion in the airways. As the dry salt is breathed in, it passes through the the back of the throat where the relaxed muscles cause the narrowing of the airways and vibration that results in snoring. Over a period of time the salt will help to strengthen this area and help the airway to open.This will result in a better night sleep.
Frequency is the key to your Salt Therapy success with snoring and sleep apnea.
Sitting in the Salt Rooms exposes you to tiny salt particles that cleanse and detoxify the respiratory system.The particles enter the upper airways and lower areas of the respiratory system by breathing normally in the Salt Rooms.
1. Salt has a natural ability to absorb, and holds a natural anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory and antihistamine properties.
These help to:
– Kill germs and bacteria that cause inflammation and production of mucus
– To improve lung function by loosening mucus and cleansing the respiratory system
– Improving breathing through the nose and sleep (diminishing snoring)
-Strengthening the immune system and reducing the use of medications.
2. Our Salt rooms contains an abundance of Negative Ions. The healing properties of Negative Ions have been researched and documented since the early 1900’s here are some of the benefits they hold:
– Relaxation, calmness and better sleep – by promoting abundant oxygen levels in the blood, negative ions help normalize brain function, resulting in relaxation, calmness and better sleep.
– Depression, Anxiety and Stress – negative ions can calm and relax the nerves by promoting abundant oxygen levels in the blood,normalizing breathing rate, decreasing blood pressure and relieving tension and stress.
– Strengthening the immune system – high levels of negative ions improve the function of the cilia in your respiratory tract that protect your lungs from irritation and inflammation, thus leading to less instances of respiratory illnesses like colds and flu, hay-fever and asthma.
The best results from Salt Therapy with snoring are achieved by combining a regular weekly treatment in the salt room along with an at home treatment when you inhale salt during the night to keep the airways open.
Salt Therapy at home
Get more from your Salt Therapy success with our Salt Therapy at home products. Just like a workout at the gym once a week won’t make you fit, the success of Salt Therapy is coupled with our affordable at home products.
Our salt therapist can show you how to include them as part of your Salt Therapy treatment and for ongoing maintenance.